Medical Marijuana, Inc. Celebrates Mexico’s Access To RSHO-X™ Cannabidiol (CBD) Hemp Oil; Historic Occasion Results in Global News Coverage
Mexican Government Grants Import of CBD Hemp Oil from Medical Marijuana, Inc. and Ushers In a New Chapter in World History
SAN DIEGO, CA — February 3, 2016 – It took him more than eight hours travel by bus to get to Mexico City. Around mid-day, Abelardo Maldonado Constantino emerged from the COFEPRIS building with a piece of paper – an historic document – in hand. It is one of the first two permits issued by the Mexican government allowing his daughter, Alina, access to and import of RSHO-X™, a non-psychoactive cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil.
Dr. Stuart W. Titus, PhD and Chief Executive Office of Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) states, “The document that Abelardo now holds represents one thing: freedom. It is freedom for Alina, Maria Paula, and millions of residents of Mexico. We celebrate the decision by the government of Mexico to allow their people the freedom to access RSHO-X™ CBD hemp oil.”
Hemp and marijuana are in the cannabis species and there are more than 85 cannabinoids that make up each plant. Produced by Medical Marijuana, Inc. RSHO-X™ contains cannabidiol, a non- psychoactive component of the hemp plant. Access to this product has not been easy but, with their victories, the families of Grace, Alina and Maria Paula have made it easier for the more than 120 million residents of Mexico to also gain an import permit.
Witnessing this historic occasion were many members of the news media. Their stories spread like wildfire throughout Mexico. Initial reports include:
- Reuters México: http://mx.reuters.com/article/topNews/idMXL2N15H1Y7
- CNN Expansion: http://www.cnnexpansion.com/economia/2016/02/02/cofepris-permite- tratamiento-a-base-de-cannabis-para-2-ninas
- El Universal: http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/articulo/estados/2016/02/2/avala-cofepris- importacion-de-cannabidiol-2-familias-mas
- Diario Digital Juárez: http://diario.mx/Nacional/2016-02-01_247b8864/otorga-cofepris-otros-2-permisos- para-cannabidiol/
- Pulso de San Luis (Comunicado de prensa): http://pulsoslp.com.mx/2016/02/01/cofepris-autoriza- importacion-de-medicamento-con-cannabis-para-dos-ninas/
- Periodico Correo: http://periodicocorreo.com.mx/avala-cofepris-droga-medicinal-para-dos-ninas/
- 24-horas: http://www.24-horas.mx/cofepris-autoriza-dos-permisos-para-importar-productos- con-cannabidiol/
- Revolución Tres Punto Cero: http://revoluciontrespuntocero.com/cofepris-autoriza-a-dos-ninas- tratamiento-alternativo-con-mariguana-medicinal/
- el Imparcial: http://imparcialoaxaca.mx/nacional/8tq/cofepris-autoriza-importaci%C3%B3n-de- cannabidiol-para-dos-ni%C3%B1as-m%C3%A1s
- Diario de México: http://www.diariodemexico.com.mx/cofepris-autoriza-dos-menores-mas-sean- tratadas-producto-medico-base-cannabis/
- Noticieros Televisa: http://noticieros.televisa.com/mexico/1602/ssa-da-permisos-importar-producto- cannabidiol/
- RASA Informa: http://rasainforma.com/noticias/salud/autoriza-cofepris-cannabis-para-tratar- enfermedades/154418/
- e-consulta: http://www.e-consulta.com/nota/2016-02-01/nacion/autoriza-la-cofepris-importar-farmaco- con-marihuana-para-2-ninas
- Despertar de Oaxaca (Comunicado de prensa): http://despertardeoaxaca.com/concede-cofepris-dos- permisos-para-productos-con-cannabidiol/
- El Demócrata: http://eldemocrata.com/permite-cofepris-importar-medicamento-con-cannabidiol-para- dos-ninas/
- Notimundo (Comunicado de prensa): http://notimundo.com.mx/importan-cannabis-para-tratar-a-dos- ninas-autoriza-cofepris/
- Excélsior: http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2016/02/01/1072398
- El Mañana de Nuevo Laredo: http://elmanana.com.mx/noticia/92016/Autorizan-a-dos-nias-tratamiento- con-mariguana.html
- López Dóriga Digital: http://lopezdoriga.com/nacional/aprueban-importacion-de-dos-medicamentos- con-cannabidiol/
- La Radio del domingo: http://laradiodeldomingo.com/2016/02/02/autorizan-importar-mariguana- medicinal-para-dos-ni-as-m-s/
- Animal Politico: http://www.animalpolitico.com/2016/02/secretaria-de-salud-aprueba-permisos-para- importar-tratamiento-derivado-de-la-mariguana/
- RadioFórmula: http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=566958&idFC=2016
- Unión de Morelos: http://www.launion.com.mx/morelos/politica/noticias/84524-autorizan-importacion- de-dos-productos-con-derivado-de-la-marihuana.html
- AnsaLatina.com: http://www.ansa.it/ansalatina/notizie/notiziari/mexico/20160202175135834807.html
- Excélsior: http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2016/02/01/1072328
- Emeequis: http://www.m-x.com.mx/2016-02-01/la-secretaria-de-salud-permite-importar-marihuana- medicinal-para-otras-dos-ninas-en-mexico/
- Periodico a.m.: http://amqueretaro.com/el-pais/mexico/2016/02/01/autorizan-importacion-de- medicamento-con-cannabidiol-para-dos-ninas
- La Crónica de Hoy: http://www.cronica.com.mx/notas/2016/942796.html
- El Sol de México: http://elsoldemexico.com.mx/mexico/117224-aprueba-secretaria-de-salud-dos- permisos-de-importacion-de-medicamento-con-marihuana
- Siempre: http://www.siempre.com.mx/2016/02/gana-terreno-el-cannabidiol-la-ss-aprueba-dos-nuevos- permisos-para-importar/
Photo caption: The Mexican Government Health Agency, COFEPRIS, issued two historic permits to import RSHO-X™ cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil into Mexico.
Photo caption: RSHO-X™ cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil from Medical Marijuana, Inc. is non- psychoactive and approved by Mexico for import with proper government documentation.
Dr. Titus concludes, “This is an historic day for the citizens of Mexico as well as for Medical Marijuana, Inc, its shareholders and team. It is also an epic achievement in the global reintroduction of hemp. We look forward to educating the public on cannabis and cannabidiol in the future. Only with awareness, education and compassion will we be able to help others gain the freedom to benefit from cannabis.”
Details of the COFEPRIS announcement can be found here: http://www.cofepris.gob.mx/Documents/NotasPrincipales/01022016.pdf
Additional information is listed on the HempMeds® Mexico website. For more information on RSHO-X™, visit http://www.hempmeds.mx
About HempMeds® Mexico
HempMeds® Mexico is a Mexico-based company, created to provide access to cannabinoid-based products including cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil products as they become legal in the country of Mexico for the first time. Our Company is a sales, marketing and distribution company. HempMeds® Mexico plans to work directly with the Mexican government to safely and legally provide access to our CBD hemp oil products. HempMeds® Mexico is the first company to legally ship RSHO-X™ CBD hemp oil into Mexico. For more information, please review the company’s website at: http://hempmeds.mx/.
HempMeds® offers mainstream marketing, sales, customer service, and logistics for the cannabis industry. HempMeds® is a corporate portfolio company of Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) and the Company’s exclusive master distributor and contracted marketing company. In addition to handling sales and distribution, HempMeds® is the communication hub for the Medical Marijuana Inc. portfolio of companies.
About Medical Marijuana Inc. The mission of Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) is to be the premier hemp industry innovator, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
Medical Marijuana Inc. and HempMeds do not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). These companies do grow, sell, and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of medical marijuana-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.
For further information, please contact:
Public Relations contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Toll Free: 888-OTC-MJNA (888-682-6562)
This article may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties.