Company Secures Position in Industry and Continues to Capture Global News Headlines
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Medical Marijuana Inc. (OTC Pink:MJNA), a leading cannabis and industrial hemp industry innovator, today announced the release of its quarterly financial and shareholders report (Post 11/13/2014 – OTC Markets). The Company devoted an extensive amount of time and resources in the third quarter to secure its position in the industry as the trusted source of natural hemp cannabidiol (CBD) oil. Operations focused on raw material sourcing, streamlining processes and securing key positions in areas including: quality assurance, product development, marketing, public relations and business development. We are extremely pleased to report the Company’s third quarter 2014 operating and developmental highlights.
HempMeds operating highlights for the third quarter are as follows:
- HempMeds™ posted revenues of $2,876,438 in Q3
- The Company continued to dispel “CBD-only” scarcity myths assuring the public that there is an abundant supply of hemp CBD oil in all 50 states and more than 40 countries
- Hemp CBD retail-ready products were showcased at a global buyers’ conference
- HempMeds educated millions worldwide through a groundbreaking documentary on hemp CBD oil
- Education on CBD continued through The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) that published a GI health scholarly article on CBD at their Arizona conference in September
- Addressing quality standards, HempMeds™ continued to publish laboratory reports to its customers worldwide
Media exposure continued on a national and global scale including:
- WHDT featured Chicago Cannabis Conference & MyCompassion.org co-Founder and hemp CBD oil
- AutismOne‘s Voice America Show “A Conversation of Hope” promoted hemp CBD to its listeners
- At the largest East Coast Natural Products Buyers event, Natural Products Expo East, HempMeds™ was featured by NBC‘s WBAL and FOX News in Baltimore
- Univision Chicago featured HempMeds’ pet initiative in conjunction with the Petfood 2.0 expo
- CW33, Star Local News Dallas and Fox News Baton Rouge highlighted the efforts of Hope4Harper‘s historic 5K Fun Run
- Fox News Chicago and New York’s 12News highlighted a local parents’ experience with hemp CBD oil and their children
Trade shows and expos featuring products from HempMeds™ reached hundreds of thousands of attendees and included:
- August 22-24 HempCon
- August 24-25 Face & Body Spa Conference & Expo
- August 29 AustimOne & THRiiiVE
- September 6 Hope4Harper 5K Fun Run
- September 10-13 A4M Phoenix
- September 12-14 GreenFest LA
- September 18-20 Natural Products Expo East
- September 22-24 Petfood 2.0
Continuing the Company’s community outreach efforts, HempMeds supported multiple organizations through sponsorships and charitable donations in the third quarter of 2014. Those organizations included MyCompassion.org, AutismOne, and Hope4Harper.org. We are extremely appreciative of our community connections and continue to seek creative ways to support their unique needs.
Those interested in being a part of a rapidly emerging industry through established companies please submit a resume to [email protected].
The votes are in and both medical and recreational marijuana and cannabis are at the forefront of the public’s attention. One area that is critical to ensuring ongoing success of the reintroduction of cannabis in the U.S is physical and security surveillance.
- As marijuana dispensary security remains a hot topic, MPSI gained the attention of Bloomberg in this informational video.
- MPSI Landed an exclusive cannabis event security contact for two adult-use cannabis smoking lounges at Seattle HempFest. This historic event hosted more than 250,000 attendees in three days.
- At New York’s first and largest cannabis business conference, Michael Julian, CEO of MPSI, was a featured speaker at the International Cannabis Association’s New York East Coast Cannabis Business Expo
For qualified individuals pursuing a career in cannabis security, call (866) 678-4408.
Innovations in cannabis products continue to drive consumer demand. Sales of CanChew™ gum were $74,653 in Q3 representing an increase in sales volume of more than a 250% over Q2 sales volume.
CanChew™ Biotechnologies expanded their marketing efforts in the third quarter augmenting staff in the areas of: marketing, online and social media, public relations and web development. Third quarter operational highlights include published features in:
- Natural Health Magazine
- Newsweek Magazine
- Dr. Oz The Good Life Magazine
- Readers Digest
The Company is currently seeking to expand its direct sales force. Those interested in a career development with an innovative phytoceutical global manufacturer, please send resumes to CanChew™ Biotechnologies 560 Sylvan Avenue, 3rd Floor Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 (855) 232-9953 or by email to [email protected].
aNEW Functional Foods
In the third quarter, the aNew line of Functional Food products was showcased at multiple trade shows garnering a very positive reception from the natural products industry. Highlights include:
- Respected natural products industry veteran, Dr. “Doc Rob” Streisfeld commented that aNew Functional Food products were “the hit of the show”
- While no orders were taken at Expo East, the “Powered by HempMeds™” brand was well established through a wide range of products utilizing hemp CBD oil from HempMeds™ as a supply ingredient
- Dr. “Doc Rob” Streisfeld, led an educational workshop during the expo with special guest speaker Dean Petkanas, CEO of Kannalife Sciences
- The Company is establishing several top Doctors of Veterinary Medicine relationships and conducting discussions on potential research opportunities
- aNew Functional Food products were added to the HempMeds™ website
The “cannabis for pets” topic drew significant media attention. Media coverage includes:
- aNew Functional Food pet solutions was featured by NBC‘s WBAL and FOX News at Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore
- Univision Chicago featured HempMeds’ pet initiative in conjunction with the Petfood 2.0 Expo
Dixie Botanicals, LLC
Medical Marijuana, Inc. is extremely pleased to promote natural hemp CBD oil products under the Dixie Botanicals brand, one of the most highly visible brands in the cannabis industry. This newly acquired product line is being very well received at trade shows across the country. Q3 highlights include:
- New Dixie Botanicals products were displayed at Natural Products Expo East
- To streamline operations, Dixie Botanicals headquarters were relocated to Poway, California
- A new management team and sales team are being assembled
For those interested in pursuing a career in the fast-paced commercial cannabis field, visit http://www.dixiebotanicals.com for human resources openings.
A statement from MJNA.
As of October 30, 23 states and the District of Columbia had medical marijuana laws on the books. Two of the states, Colorado and Washington, were the first in 2014 to enact “21 and over” adult use recreational marijuana laws. The corporate policy of Medical Marijuana, Inc. is “access for all” to cannabis and the 85 known cannabinoids that comprise the “whole plant.” Election-night results are showing an overwhelming agreement with this position, reinforcing the notion that the prohibition of access to cannabis is being lifted by and for the people.
Constituents in Oregon, Alaska and our great nation’s capitol, the District of Columbia, voted pro-cannabis and are celebrating being the newest “21 and over” marijuana recreational use states. Another historic move is the first U.S. territory, Guam, that voted in favor of medical marijuana use. This brings the states and territories with “whole plant” laws to 26. While the majority of Florida’s constituents voted for medical cannabis, it was just shy of the 60% required to pass Amendment. Florida does, however, recognize accessibility to cannabidiol or “CBD,” a natural component of the cannabis plant. In all, there are 37 states, one territory and one district that are exercising their rights to cannabis accessibility.
“Any remaining stigma tied to a once historically demonized plant is rapidly fading,” states Michelle Sides, Chief Operating Officer for Medical Marijuana, Inc. “There is a global shift in cannabis consciousness taking place. We applaud the residents in 38 states and territories, representing the majority of the 50 states, which are legislating their states’ rights to cannabis access for recreational adult use, medical purposes or both. We also recognize and commend countries that are actively addressing cultivation and accessibility of cannabis to the benefit of their people. We believe that the voice of the people will be heard and ultimately restore full accessibility of this uniquely versatile ancient plant.”
Medical Marijuana, Inc. has a wide range of portfolio companies that focus on “access for all.” Ironically, these companies provide products from the industrial hemp plant that cannot get anyone “high.” Industrial hemp is cannabis and is therefore classified in the same genus as marijuana. The major difference between industrial hemp and marijuana is the way that the plants are cultivated resulting in the amount of the psychoactive cannabinoid THC.
Andrew Hard, spokesperson for Medical Marijuana, Inc. explains, “Opting to consume cannabidiol (CBD) from hemp is like making a consumer choice of diet or regular soda or even orange juice with or without pulp. Industrial hemp is naturally abundant in CBD that literally counteracts the effects of THC. Anyone seeking varieties of the cannabis plant that are abundant in CBD should do their research. They will find that CBD is CBD. With the efforts taken by the MJNA family of companies in pioneering a first-ever national/international CBD hemp oil pipeline, nobody should have to wait for access to CBD; it is readily available online in all 50 states.”
“From European farmers to customer service representatives, Medical Marijuana, Inc. and its supply chain have proudly and diligently invested more than seven years and hundreds of millions of dollars to provide the world’s largest and highest quality supply of all-natural hemp CBD oil to consumers,” Hard continues. “As a result, today’s cannabis consumers range in age from toddlers to seniors worldwide. The major difference with the CBD products from Medical Marijuana, Inc. companies is quality and consistency that consumers have come to rely on worldwide. With each MJNA Company product, regardless of brand, consumers receive the same laboratory tested and certified quality. This is the most tested product in the world and the proof is in the quality assurance reports that are posted online.”
The most recent quality assurance report is available here.
MJNA‘s talented staff have big hearts and continue to give back to the community through a variety of outreach endeavors. All work toward increased awareness of natural hemp oil products in communities that each calls home. MJNA is honored to contribute to a wide variety of non-profit educational organizations and to remain a service to the community.
About Medical Marijuana Inc.
Our mission is to be the premier cannabis and hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com.
HempMeds™ offers mainstream marketing, sales, customer service, and logistics for the cannabis industry. HempMeds™ is a corporate portfolio company of Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink:MJNA) and the Company’s exclusive master distributor and contracted marketing company. In addition to handling sales and distribution, HempMeds™ is the communication hub for the Medical Marijuana Inc. portfolio of companies.
About CanChew Biotechnologies
CanChew Biotechnologies focuses on the treatment of pain and other medical disorders with the application of chewing gum-based cannabis/cannabinoid medical products as well as food and nutraceutical products for general well-being.
The company is focused on the R&D and execution of their clinical development plan and potential out-licensing of their technology. Clinical development focuses on the R&D of the formulation, production and the development of chewing gum-based products for the treatment of conditions like pain, nausea and vomiting, anorexia, spasticity and various other medical issues. For more information on the company, visit CanChewBiotech.com.
About Wellness Managed Services
Wellness Managed Services provides management support and services to cooperatives, collectives, health and wellness facilities, and medical clinics throughout North America. The services offered range from practice management to product distribution. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive array of clinically supporting health and wellness products and services which will attract patients while providing for a fully operational, profitable enterprise. We seek to provide facilities and patients alike with the latest in quality products and support services that will serve the health and wellness community. For more info, click here.
MPS International (MPSI) is a consulting firm that provides security consultative services to business and individuals in the legal cannabis industry. When security officers are needed, MPSI contracts exclusively with MPS Security to provide uniformed security management and officers.
MPSI was created as a specialized division of MPS Security. With over 46 years of experience providing professional security services, MPS Security is uniquely qualified to bring high quality security management and security solutions to the new and growing cannabis industry. Our professional experience and qualifications are helping to legitimize the expanding cannabis industry by reducing crime and assisting legal businesses and individuals to operate in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. For more details visit www.Security-MPSI.com, email [email protected] or call (866) 678-4408.
About Red Dice Holdings
Red Dice Holdings, LLC (“Red Dice”) is the owner of the brand Dixie Botanicals. The company has one of the most recognizable cannabis and hemp brands in the world. For more information on Red Dice Holdings, click here.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). The Company does grow, sell and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of medical marijuana-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.
For further information, please contact: Investor Relations contact: Perry Coleman Medical Marijuana, Inc. P. 443-453-5088 Public Relations contact: Andrew Hard Spokesperson P. 858-380-5478 Corporate contact: Medical Marijuana, Inc. Toll Free: 888-OTC-MJNA (888-682-6562) www.medicalmarijuanainc.com www.facebook.com/mjnainc