Need a little help as you decide between CBD isolate and full-spectrum CBD hemp oil products? This guide lays out the benefits of each and gives you things to consider before making a purchase.
As one of the most exciting health and wellness discoveries over recent years, hemp-derived CBD supplements have quickly gone mainstream. Every day, more people discover CBD, or cannabidiol, and how it naturally promotes balance so that the body runs at its best. Today, there is an array of CBD supplements available, ensuring that everyone can find the type of CBD product that aligns with their needs and preferences.
With the variety of CBD products available, we know that figuring out which one is right for you can seem daunting, but don’t fret. We’re here to help.
One of the big questions to consider first is: Do I prefer CBD isolate or full-spectrum CBD products?
Here we compare CBD isolate and full-spectrum CBD oil to help you make an educated decision as you select the hemp oil product that’s best for you.
What is CBD Isolate? What is Full-Spectrum CBD Oil?
Full-spectrum CBD oil refers to pure hemp oil extracted from the stalks and seeds of the plant. It retains all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds found in the original hemp plant. A supercritical CO2 process extracts the all-natural full-spectrum CBD oil, which contains CBD, as well as an extensive list of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, and trace amounts of a number of cannabinoids.
CBD isolate is simply CBD oil that has been refined down to a highly concentrated powder containing 99% CBD. Starting with the same full-spectrum CBD hemp oil, a proprietary process filters out the plant material, excess waxes, chlorophyll, and more. What’s left is CBD isolate, a pure crystalline containing only the CBD chemical compound.
One of the most major differences between CBD isolate and full-spectrum CBD oil products is CBD concentration.
As the most potent CBD product available on the market, CBD isolate is preferred by those looking to maximize their CBD intake. Having undergone a proprietary filtration process to eliminate the terpenes and other trace cannabinoids, CBD isolate contains a soaring 99% CBD. Like any powder, CBD isolate is easy to measure, giving you the flexibility to determine how potent you want your daily CBD serving to be.
Made from unique high-CBD varieties of hemp, full-spectrum CBD oil is also an incredible source of CBD. Pure full-spectrum CBD oils contain between 50 mg to 190 mg of CBD per serving. Full-spectrum CBD oil can also be infused into other products, such as tinctures, liquids, and capsules, for lower potency full-spectrum options.
Full-spectrum CBD oil provides value beyond being a source of CBD. Appealing to those who find benefit in hemp’s many naturally occurring nutrients, full-spectrum CBD oil made from hemp contains a complex mix of cannabinoids, essential nutrients, healthy fats, protein, and fiber that contribute to a complete diet. CBD oil shares a similar nutrition profile to hemp seed oil but the two are different. CBD oil contains a much higher concentration of CBD thanks to the extraction process that is used.
When you get your CBD through full-spectrum hemp oil, you’ll also receive:
- Vitamins A, C, and E
- B complex vitamins like riboflavin, thiamine, and niacin
- All 20 amino acids — including the 9 essential amino acids
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids in the ideal 3:1 ratio
- Beta carotene
These nutrients are not found in CBD isolate, as they’re removed during the proprietary filtration process process.
Perhaps the most versatile of all CBD supplements out there, CBD isolate gives you a bit more options over how you get your CBD each day.
CBD isolate can be taken in the following ways:
- Sublingually (absorbed under the tongue)
- Blended into foods and beverages
- Added to other supplements to boost CBD content
Full-spectrum CBD oil can also be consumed in multiple ways. When taking full-spectrum CBD, you can choose between:
- Taking it sublingually
- Swallowing it
- Blending it into your favorite foods and beverages
If mixing your CBD supplement into foods and beverages sounds ideal, keep in mind that CBD isolate is free or odor and flavor. Full-spectrum CBD oil naturally has an “earthy” or “grassy” flavor.
THC and Other Cannabinoids
All hemp-derived CBD supplements — including CBD isolate and full-spectrum CBD oil — are non-intoxicating and won’t cause any euphoric effects. This is because hemp naturally contains only trace levels of THC (under 0.3% by dry weight), the intoxicating compound found in higher levels in marijuana.
Full-spectrum CBD oil retains all of the 100-plus cannabinoids and over 400 active compounds present in the original hemp plant, including the trace amounts of THC. This is an important distinction for many CBD consumers, as researchers have found evidence of a beneficial “entourage effect” that maximizes the natural benefits of CBD supplements when this full-spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes are consumed together.
The proprietary filtration process used to make CBD isolate removes THC and the other hemp-derived compounds other than CBD. This is ideal for CBD consumers who elect to avoid even trace amounts of THC. CBD isolate products have undetectable amounts of THC.
CBD Isolate Products
Crafted from our award-winning CBD hemp oil, our Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ (RSHO™ ) CBD Isolate offers our highest concentration of CBD. Each 1-gram jar of RSHO™ CBD Isolate powder contains 990 mg of CBD, which can be broken down into specific servings of any size.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. also offers several additional CBD supplements that are made using CBD isolate.
- Our RSHO-X™ Liquid blends our CBD Isolate with medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil to boost absorption. Each 4-ounce bottle contains 1000 mg CBD.
- With 5 mg CBD from CBD isolate, our Dixie Botanicals® Kicks are energy chews that offer up a convenient way to both get your daily CBD and an all-natural energy boost. Choose from Chocolate and Sour Apple Kicks, formulated with 100 mg of caffeine and infused with B vitamins, or our Mango Citrus Kicks with 60 mcg of vitamin D with B vitamins.
Full-Spectrum CBD Products
Extracted from non-GMO hemp plants, our award-winning RSHO™ Pure CBD Oil offers the highest concentration of CBD of our full-spectrum products. RSHO™ Pure CBD Oil is available in four different labels, providing 50 mg to 190 mg of CBD per serving.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. also offers a wide array of CBD products made using our full-spectrum pure CBD oil.
- Providing 1-3mg of CBD per serving, CBD tinctures combine our award-winning pure CBD oil with alcohol, oil, or vegetable glycerin. Our naturally-flavored RSHO™Tincture blends pure hemp oil with medium-chain (MCT) triglyceride oil. Dixie Botanicals® Dew Drop tinctures infuse full-spectrum CBD oil into alcohol and vegetable glycerin and are available in three flavors: natural, cinnamon, and peppermint. Our Cibdex™ CBD hemp oil sprays come in unflavored and vanilla options.
- Available in three Label options, our RSHO™ Liquids are created by mixing our popular CBD oil with MCT oil, providing high concentrations of CBD and essential vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. Each 4-ounce jar contains 1000 mg CBD.
- CBD hemp oil capsules offer full-spectrum hemp oil in a delayed-release vegan pill. Our RSHO™ CBD Capsules are available in three label options and provide 25 mg of CBD formulated with 200 mg of calcium and 200 mg of our proprietary blends of turmeric root powder and white willow bark powder.
- For those interested in vaping, our Dixie Botanicals® CBD Vape Cartridge is a pre-filled vape cartridge containing CBD oil. Each 1 ml disposable cartridge contains a total of 250 mg of CBD and is naturally flavored with botanical terpenes for a light, slightly sweet citrus and pine taste.
How to Get Started With CBD
Ready to get started with either CBD Isolate or full-spectrum CBD oil? Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s line of CBD products is available to purchase through our online shop. We’ll ship your selected CBD supplements directly to your front door. Still not sure which product is right for you? Check out our CBD Oil Catalog. For more CBD information, including CBD isolate effects, head over to our education section.